There's nothing like a motivational quote from a successful entrepreneur to inspire, especially on those tough days. Whenever I search for this kind of thing though, 95% of the quotes that I come across are by the fellas. Not cool. Below, I've compiled some of my favorite quotes from some fabulous lady entrepreneurs.
Make sure to let me know which one your favorite is in the comments below!
1. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.”
- Sara Blakely
2. "Entrepreneurs: The only people who work 80 hour weeks to avoid working 40 hour weeks."
- Lori Greiner
3. "Everything is figureoutable"
- Marie Forleo
4. "Do what you have to do, until you can do what you really want to do."
5. "Don't you dare underestimate the power of your own instinct."
- Barbara Corcoran
6. “Being an entrepreneur isn’t just a job title, and it isn’t just about starting a company. It’s a state of mind. It’s about seeing connections others can’t, seizing opportunities others won’t, and forging new directions that others haven’t."
- Tory Burch
7. “Fearlessness is not the absence of fear. It's the mastery of fear. It's about getting up one more time than we fall down.”
- Arianna Huffington
8. "I was very low and I had to achieve something. Without the challenge, I would have gone stark raving mad."
- JK Rowling
9. “You combine hard work, creativity, and self-determination, and things start to happen.”
- Sophia Amoruso
10. "Passion and persistence are what matter. Dreams are achievable and you can make your fantasy come true, but there are no shortcuts. Nothing happens without hard work."
- Diane Von Furstenberg
11. “Getting over those unexpected hurdles may not be exactly enjoyable, but ultimately I believe that such challenges and the solutions we find give us more confidence. They teach us with common sense and determination we can turn what looks like a disaster into a triumph.”
- Martha Stewart
12. "I didn't get here by dreaming or thinking about it. I got here by doing it."
- Estee Lauder
13. “Decide what it is that you are and then stay true to that thing. My brand is based very much on how I live my day-to-day life.”
- Rachael Ray
14. "We must have a theme, a goal, a purpose in our lives. If you don't know where you are aiming, you don't have a goal. My goal is to live my life in such a way that when I die, someone can say, 'she cared.'"
- Mary Kay Ash
15. "You do not have to be superhuman to do what you believe in."
- Debbi Fields
16. “Being confident and believing in your own self-worth is necessary to achieving your potential.”
- Sheryl Sandberg
17. “Success is often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.”
- Coco Chanel
18. “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have tolove yourself to get anything done in this world.”
- Lucille Ball
19. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”
- Helen Keller
20. "Dreams are lovely. But they are just dreams. Fleeting, ephemeral, pretty. But dreams do not come true just because you dream them. It's hard work that makes things happen. It's hard work that creates change."
- Shonda Rhimes